- Do you have a tech challenged friend or family member? ( I have one of these myself!)
- Perhaps you know someone who doesn’t have a smartphone of their own
- Do you just want to pay for a client or a friend to get to your house without using Uber Events?
Ordering an Uber for a third party really couldn’t be any more straight forward, especially if you’re familiar with the app and have signed up as a rider already.
- Have the person contact you when they are ready to be picked up (this means really, really ready since their car will often arrive in five minutes or less).
- Have them tell you exactly where they want picking up from and where they are going to.
- If it is a house or hotel get the name or address from your friend.
- Open the Uber app on your smartphone and move the pin to the location that the person told you or enter the address or name of the pickup point.
- Click ‘Set Pickup Location’ as usual.
- You will get a warning that your pin is far away from where you are. This is ok, just confirm that you want it anyway.
- Choose the type of Uber you want, UberX, UberXL, UberAssist, etc.
- Click “Fare Estimate” in the lower left hand corner and enter the destination that the person requires.
- You will then receive your fare estimate. Click the back button and hit ‘Request UberX’, or whatever type you selected.
It’s literally as easy as that! The trip will then be billed to your credit card as usual.
Check out our Uber Driver Store for some items we recommend for drivers
Sign up now as an Uber driver and receive a $25 to $750 bonus, depending on your city, after you start driving, or use the code 4vavx89vue